Sunday, May 18, 2014

Six Sentence Sunday

Ah, this is the first time I've participated in Six-Sentence Sunday in a long time. This week's contribution is the start of the climax scene in Hidden Souls I started to rewrite this past week. I have no idea how they're going to stand up to my next round of editing, but they're a nice start for this epic rewrite that I have to do. Enjoy!

~*~

A high pitched squeal filled the air, echoing off the walls and growing intensity with each passing second. Sophia dropped to her knees, pressing her hands against her ears to stop the sound from ricocheting inside her skull. Through watery eyes, she saw the guards and Grace do the same. She squeezed her eyes shut and pressed her head against her thighs, desperate for any distance from the sound. Just when she thought her head might explode from the intensity of the sound, it stopped, leaving a silence that was both relieving and frightening.

Sophia took a deep breath and slowly raised her head.

~*~

Sadly, it seems the official Six Sentence Sunday has stopped, so I have no links to provide for you. But in the meantime, check me out on Twitter: @CLFiction

On another note, I graduate today. A degree several years in the making! Come June, I'll be back into the real world with a real job, except, unlike the last time I had a real job, I'll actually be living in my own apartment and paying all my own bills. Completely living on my own. It'll be interesting. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Dr. Chelle. You will do great living on your own. :)

    ReplyDelete