Tuesday, November 12, 2013

NaNo 2013: Day 12

I'm slowly catching up. I cranked out words today, but I can only do so much at a time before I run out of ideas. But I am keeping ahead of the daily goal, so hopefully within the next week or so, I'll manage to get all caught up and hopefully manage to win this year. It would suck to lose on the year that's supposed to be the easiest in med school.

So I mentioned that I hadn't finished editing Hidden Souls prior to starting this one. I haven't decided whether that was a good thing or a bad thing, but more and more things are coming out about Hidden Souls as I write this one. The motivation of the antagonist, primarily. Which is what I was struggling with in the editing. So maybe I'll have a nice plot to work back into Hidden Souls retroactively. Or maybe I'll decide both story lines suck and just trash the whole thing. Who knows.

Here's your teaser for today:

Sophia remained quiet for several moments, before glancing back at Michael. “What did you two talk about?”

Michael tilted his head. “Us two?”

Sophia shrugged, picking at her bedspread absently. “You and Deedee.” At his raised eyebrow, she spread her hands. “Clearly you were talking long enough for you to blurt out something about me being in trouble, and you were convincing enough for her to sprint over here, so I’m just curious what you were talking about initially.”

He chuckled softly. “You’re jealous.”

She glared at him and raised her chin defiantly. “I’m not jealous. I’m just… not used to this whole dynamic with someone else being able to talk to you.”

He tapped her chin with his knuckle and smiled. “Don’t worry. We weren’t talking about you. She was asking about my death. And I gave her the same runaround I gave you.”

She swatted at his hand. “You still haven’t told me how you died. Or your last name, for that matter.”

He shrugged. “Need to know basis, sweets. And right now, you don’t need to know.”



NaNo Stats:
Days: 12
Words today: 2547
Total Words: 10,079 (roughly even with day 6 now)
Words Remaining: 39,921
Average words per day: 839

Also, as an aside, I've been working in google docs for the past week or so, mostly so I could write at work without having to save documents to the hard drive and whatnot. I just copied everything I had into my OpenOffice document, and the word count came out roughly 300 words higher. That does not bode well for validation season.

No comments:

Post a Comment