Monday, November 4, 2013

NaNo 2013: Days 3-4

My excuse for not posting yesterday is I didn't do a whole lot of writing. No real excuse for that part, but it was enough reason not to justify a whole new blog post.

Anyway, I'm really starting to like Deedee as a character. She's fascinating me. I've mostly got her having discussions with Sophia, and much of those will likely be cut whenever I get around to editing this beast. I'm still slightly behind, but I did do an impressive amount of words today, so I think I can catch up fairly quickly. Especially since I'll be travelling a good portion of this month and will thus have a lot of down time. Anyway, excerpt for today:

She clenched her fists at her side and continued to stare at the ceiling. “Of course I'm hurt!” she said, a little louder than she intended. Clearing her throat, she dropped her voice back down to a whisper. “I barely understand what is happening to me, and the one person I thought I could turn to no matter what was actually trying to subdue me, to push me out of the way for her own gains.”

Short one today, but I don't want to give away major plot points quite yet.

Stats:
Days: 4
Words today: 2411
Total Words: 5778
Words Remaining: 44,222
Average words per day: 1444

No comments:

Post a Comment