Thursday, November 14, 2013

NaNo 2013: Days 13-14

So I didn't get much of a chance to write yesterday, because I spent half the day on a plane (as it turns out, I can read my book on Google Drive while offline, but they don't allow me to edit it. Which kinda defeats the purpose), and the other half spending time with my mom and sister. And I went to bed fairly early Colorado time, since I had to wake up before dawn on the east coast to catch my plane.

At any rate, I did a bit of catching up today. Not as much as I wanted, but some. It's going to be a real struggle to get this challenge won this year. I'm about halfway toward the goal so far, which means I essentially have to double my word count daily in order to catch up. And with traveling and interviews, that might be a bit of a challenge. We shall see.

Anyway, here's your excerpt for today:

Under the cover of the students rummaging through their bags and the folding desks moving back into place, she glanced at Michael, eyebrow quirked. “You know you’re not supposed to bother me during class.”

He shrugged unapologetically. “You’ve been avoiding Deedee for a full day now. You do have to talk to her at some point, you know. She is your roommate.”

She slung her book bag over her shoulder and shrugged. “Plenty of roommates get along just fine without talking.”

Michael rolled his eyes. “And you know very well that you are not one of those people.”


Uh oh. Looks like there's a bit of trouble in paradise.

NaNo Stats:
Days: 14
Words today: 1173
Total Words: 11,252
Words Remaining: 38,748
Average words per day: 803

No comments:

Post a Comment