Saturday, November 2, 2013

NaNo 2013: Day 2

I'm trying to decide how lucky it is that the second day of NaNo falls on a Saturday this year. It means that I have a bit more time to catch up on how much I didn't write yesterday, but then again, I'm on an elective with a really odd schedule (I didn't have work Monday, had conferences on Wednesday, work Thursday and Friday, off today, then tomorrow I work a 12, then have Monday and Tuesday off, conferences on Wednesday, a shift on Thursday, an EMS ride on Friday, and a 12 on Saturday). But, after that I'm essentially done for the month, other than interviews, which means I should have plenty of time to write. It'll be a tiny bit of a challenge after the 13th, since I'm flying to Colorado and don't have room for my laptop, which means I'll be making use of my incredibly cheap bluetooth keyboard for my iPad. And by incredibly cheap, I mean that it would probably break if I dropped it.

Anyway, here's your teaser for today:

Deedee smiled. "Dreams. They act as the intersection of reality and something else, almost as if the soul transcends the physical plane to some other spiritual plane."

Sophia raised her eyebrow. "That sounds very metaphysical for someone interested in the neurotransmitters in the brain. Are you sure you're really interested in the neuroscience aspect of things?"

Deedee chuckled. "It does sound a bit strange, but I don't know, I've always been fascinated by dreams. The electrical activity in the brain during dreams is very similar to the awake state--I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that the mind is really experiences something elsewhere through a connection with something that we haven't quite found yet."



Interesting person this Deedee is turning out to be.

Stats for today:
Days: 2
Words today: 2228
Total Words: 3367
Words Remaining: 46633
Average words per day: 1683

No comments:

Post a Comment